Thursday, January 23, 2014

Best. Meal. Ever.

I'm sure you've heard me talk about coconut chicken before. There really aren't words to describe the deliciousness that is, coconut chicken. Ask me if I even used to like coconut. No! And then this beautiful recipe was brought into my life. I got it from Ashleigh Carroll. I don't know where she got it, or if she made it, but regardless, I am now able to make it in my own kitchen with a smile. You might think to yourself, wow, Taylor is being really weird about this. No. Try it and you'll see.

Here's what you'll need-

Chicken.
I use Perdue Fit N Easy. Because it's healthier. Sometimes I will use Kroger Simple Truth, too.


Egg whites.
Or just an egg. However you want to do it will work.


Flour and Cayenne Pepper.
I use whole wheat flour. You can use any darn kind of flour you want though.


Coconut & Oil.
I use finely shredded organic coconut. Because I feel like it. And I use Simple Truth Organic Coconut Oil. You should check out the benefits of coconut oil. I'm hooked on this stuff! (I may or may not have eaten a spoonful of this, right out of the jar).

These are all nonmeasured. It's up to you really. It just depends how much you're making.

So after you cut up your chicken, dip it in the egg. Then dip it into the flour/cayenne pepper mix. Then, back to the egg, then, on a plate with coconut covering the bottom.


Then sprinkle more coconut on top of that. Roll it around until there's enough coconut to fulfill the desires of your heart.


Heat a skillet with coconut oil in it. (Once again, the amount is your personal preference)! I use low to medium heat.


Put your chicken in! 


When the bottoms of your chicken nuggets are golden brown, flip it!


After they're done, they can go straight to the plate!


I dip mine in HONEY!
(Local, raw, organic, unfiltered, whatever, honey)

You'll thank me for this.

No comments :

Post a Comment