Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 2: Agility X & A Simple Meal Prep



I woke up at the butt crack of dawn this morning for my first day of work. I'm not one to complain, but today was a day to complain. First off, it was eight degrees outside. EIGHT. I made the trek to work (yes, a trek. I couldn't feel my body by the time I got in the building). Hypothermia. Frostbite. Whatever. I didn't feel good today. Today was the first time in almost 9 months that I haven't felt good. While yes, I am super blessed and fortunate to be alive, I was pissed off that I was sick on my first day of work. And just sick in general. I had plans to conquer Day 2 and I didn't want them ruined.

I came home and had some oatmeal with strawberries and bananas in it to warm me up. Then I took a 1.5 hour nap. I woke up and thought it was tomorrow and I was freaking out because I thought it was tomorrow and I was so out of it. But the point is: I felt much better! (Yay)

I figured I better make my lunch for tomorrow since I'm going to be at school from 7:30-6:30 or something. I made (in olive oil) chicken seasoned with Mrs Dash and asparagus with sesame seeds. Then I put the rest of my food into little containers (dark cocoa almonds, celery, veggie chips). All ready to go for tomorrow and I'm so glad I did it.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!" :)

So the bottom line is that I still got my workout in today, and the best part is that it was only 30 minutes. Agility X was kind of hard, and I was out of breath for a bit. But all in all, an amazing workout. 

You have these pieces of tape on the floor parallel with 3 X's on them and each exercise for Agility X is centered around these pieces of tape. My soreness from Day 1 is going away and I'm feeling so so so much better! 355 calories burned! I included a picture of my X on the calendar for today! The orange X is mine and the black X is my sister, Ashley's. I'm so glad she's doing this with me and for herself! 

Tony Horton is so funny. Today he said the girl in the video can "Beyoncify" her moves. Haha. So I'm being silly and Beyoncify this one move and my mom walked in the room to ask me something. Hash tag embarrassment. Oh well!

Tomorrow is Yoga X. Excited for that! My flexibility could use some work and I've always wanted to try yoga! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment