Sunday, January 12, 2014

My First Weekly Meal Prep!

I have meal prepped before, but never for a full week. My number one concern is WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN DOING THIS ALL MY LIFE?! This seriously took an hour, maybe an hour and a half. And now I have lunches for the whole week!

First, I took the chicken out if the freezer while I was getting some other stuff done so it could thaw.

Then, I made this list of what I wanted to eat each day of the week. Friday is more of a snack because I get off work early on Fridays, so I have time to eat a regular lunch if I go straight home.


Then I put my chicken breasts (each covered with a different type of Mrs Dash salt-free seasoning) and sweet potato in the oven... 400 for like 30 mins.


While those were cooking, I arranged everything else into containers and microwave steamed my veggies.


Messy kitchen!!! 

Once that was done, I separated the containers by day. Today, I wrote what I made on a little index card just for the pics so I could make a blog post. Here they are:


I really enjoyed doing this and I know I'll be glad that I did. If your problem is that you always have to go out to eat or 'don't have time' to make lunch--DO THIS!





No comments :

Post a Comment