Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (21 Day Fix Approved Recipe!)

Who actually doesn't love pumpkin pie? I like it so much, I made it into a healthy breakfast! I made Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! 

You will need:
- 1/4 cup Steel-Cut Oats (or regular oats would work, too, I suppose)
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Pecans


You can prepare these on the stove, but my favorite way to prepare oatmeal is to make "overnight oats." This is basically where you make your oatmeal and stick it in the refrigerator to soak up the liquids and don't heat it until the morning.

Mix oats with the pumpkin and your desired amount of almond milk and pumpkin pie spice. Add pecans and mix them in. Put inside refrigerator overnight.

Makes 2 servings!

The next morning, heat for 2 minutes in the microwave. When done, add 1 TSP maple syrup if desired and garnish with pecans and more pumpkin pie spice :)

*This blog was created for my clients and future clients looking to make a change in their lives. I am a health and fitness coach that wants to help you make that change. Please sign up for a free account with me at teambeachbody.com/signup using the Coach ID # 253185 to authorize me to help you :) Have a wonderful day*

DISCLAIMER: Not sure what pumpkin counts as on the Fix. I didn't count it for anything, but my guess would be to count pumpkin under the GREEN category. This is only 1/8 of a green though because this recipe ends up making 2 servings :) 

1 comment :