Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My PiYo Review: Week 1

Week one of PiYo was nothing short of amazing! Here is my 100% honest review...

The program starts with a day called Align: The Fundamentals. It teaches you all of the moves Chalene uses in the program properly so you can learn how to do them with proper form and no injuries. I enjoyed it and couldn't wait to start officially! This one lasted about 45 minutes.

Days two and three are lower and upper. These are short! Only 20 minutes long, but you still get a really good calorie burn out of it. Be ready to be in all forms of plank and downward dog. If these are usually hard for you, it's because you're not strong enough. Before the week ended, I already felt more comfortable doing them.

Day four was called Sweat (very properly titled)! I was definitely SWEATING. Many squats, chair pose, and all variations of it. Also, tricep push-ups. Those aren't my favorite, but I think that's also because I'm not strong enough yet. I ended the workout feeling amazing and burned 300 calories. 

Day five was a MUCH needed rest day! When you start a new program, it's always kind of tiring at first until you settle into the routine. And I will admit, I was JUST getting into a great routine, when Friday we decided to go to Stone Mountain (Saturday).

Day six, Saturday, was supposed to be lower. but I've gotta say, hiking DOWN Stone Mountain took place of my lower pretty well.

Day seven was upper. I took my weight and measurements and lost 2 pounds and 4.5 inches in one week of PiYo. I replace one meal per day with Shakeology and eat clean, too. I've gotta say, I am pleasantly surprised with this program. You THINK it's going to be some pansy girly workout, but WOW, it's very nice. I am choosing to definitely continue with this program until the end.

HOPEFULLY Beachbody won't release another must-have workout for a little while. At least long enough to finish the strength phase of PiYo on the back of the calendar.

THE VERDICT IS: This workout ROCKS HARD.




No comments :

Post a Comment