Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Battle

Often times, I feel that I am in a war with myself. I strive for greatness, but feel stuck within the chains of mediocrity. My thoughts of what might've been haunt me late at night, but the thoughts of what could be keep me pushing forward and working into the early morning hours. All I want is to go out and experience life, spend my money on life experiences and anonymous blessings, but current life circumstances keep my feet here on the ground tied to cement blocks and credit card statements. I pray that someday, the battle I'm facing is worthwhile. I pray that the seeds I've planted, struggles, and sacrifices I make will all pay off in the end. I pray that I'm making an educated decision, when all I feel in the present are chains.


No comments :

Post a Comment