Friday, August 29, 2014

Clean Eating Recipes: Mexican Black Bean Sweet Potato

Jesus. Mary. Joseph.
This sweet potato is one of the best I've ever had!


So here's the business!

Bake a sweet potato (I still don't think I have this part down - the temperature nor the time). I baked it at 425 for nearly 45 minutes the other night and I had to keep putting it back in. Play around with it and make sure you don't want a quick dinner the first time. Haha!

Chop some onion (desired amount - remember everything you make has to fit INTO your sweet potato)
Sautée it with some garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and whatever seasoning you like for Mexican-style foods)

Drain a can of black beans and put about 1/4 of the can in with the onions and heat them up. 

Once the potato is done, put in the beans and onions. Top with a little sour cream or plain Greek yogurt and a pinch of Mexican cheese :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment