Friday, August 29, 2014

Gluten Free "Fried" Chicken

Lawd Jesus thank you for food. Thank you for not making me a dog and have to eat the same bowl of food every day.

Hahahahaha. I start off so many of my blog posts saying that the food I just ate was the BEST EVER. But honestly, I eat some dang good food!

Add me on FB.com/taylor.j.nichols for healthy living tips :)


What you'll need:
- Chicken Tenders
- Almonds, unsalted
- GF crackers
- Flaxseeds (optional)
- Seasonings: Onion powder, cayenne pepper.

Thaw chicken tenders.
Preheat oven to 425.
Grab 2 bowls and a food processor.
Put GF crackers (or multi-grain or whole-wheat if you're not GF), whole unsalted almonds, and flaxseeds (optional) into the food processor. Process until everything is the same size.
Put one egg into a bowl and scramble it up with a fork.
Pour the almond/cracker mixture into the other bowl.
Dip chicken into egg and transfer to the bowl and cover with your almond/cracker mixture.
Transfer to a baking pan and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.

I served this with some quinoa and green beans :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment