Monday, October 13, 2014

What Makes Shakeology Different?

Someone asked me this the other day. It was right then when I realized that I am not fulfilling my duties as BAMF Beachbody Coach because even my clients didn't know! Stop. Rewind. Pause!

I like to seriously PUSH Shakeology on people. It's kind of a sad--but not so sad--truth. Not because it's a great deal cost-wise (which it is), but because this stuff has CHANGED MY LIFE!!!


Let me first begin by telling you what I used to do for meal replacements...

Slim-Fasts and Carnation Instant Breakfast... Until I found out that it wasn't even real food! Just a mixture of chemicals and preservatives designed to make you feel full. Imagine my surprise when I found out all the things these chemicals can do to my body! Sugar, the very first ingredient. You know what else they have? Soy protein isolate! Proven to disrupt your hormones and is linked to infertility and miscarriages! I don't know about you, but I don't need that! It's also linked to loss of libido and ED in men. And the #1 shocker here is that it suppresses your thyroid function which causes anxiety, mood swings, digestive issues, AND even making weight loss difficult! I don't know how the makers of these products can sleep easy at night, I really don't. I also don't know how anyone can drink any kind of meal replacement laden with soy protein isolate and call it "healthy" makes my blood boil! Source: mercola.com

Homemade Green Smoothies: Okay, these are a huge step up from my Slim-Fast and instant Breakfasts. They take longer to make, but at least you know what goes into them! I would put in a healthy protein powder, spinach, fruit, and milk. Sometimes I would even grind up Flintstones vitamins and put a pinch of vitamin powder in my green smoothies. Of course I lost some weight drinking those, but they were pretty costly to be honest with you. I was buying two bags of spinach per week, a tub of protein, milk, vitamins, bags of frozen fruit, and although it was a nice meal replacement, I was still begging my doctor for something to make me feel better!

So I was stuck in this position. I was more than sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was absolutely miserable! I was anemic. I got Lyme disease. I had 3 of the 5 markers for Lupus in my blood. I had a list of symptoms that would cover s whole sheet of paper and NOTHING helped me feel better! I got to the point to where I was taking painkillers nearly every day just to stop the internal inflammation that was going on. All I ever wanted to do was sleep! Even when I wanted to sleep, I had insomnia because I couldn't stop being upset all the time and feeling like I was missing out on the bigger picture in life. I just wanted to LIVE! I wanted to be happy.

That's what I found Shakeology. Without even thinking to look at the ingredients, I wanted to buy it. Why? Because I wasn't seeing ads about weight loss... I was seeing hundreds and thousands of personal testimonies that told me this was something I NEEDED! But... I'm not a person to argue or really even do something like this without researching it first...

Shakeology has a LOT of ingredients. Do you know how long it took me to research "benefits of..." EACH ONE? Hahaha. But I did. Let me tell you just a little bit about the ingredients in this amazzzzing shake!

Protein! {reduces cravings, helps build muscle, improves skin & hair}
None of that soy crap. You can get regular Shakeology and you'll get whey protein. If you get vegan, you'll get your protein from chia, flax, quinoa, amaranth, rice, pea, and oat. Wow!

Antioxidants! {promotes a healthy heart and BP}
Came-camu, acerola cherry, acai, goji berry, Lou Han Guo, green tea.

Phytonutrients! {alkalinize and detoxify}
Spinach, spirulina, kale, chlorella, moringa.

Adaptogens! {protect the body from stress, support immune system, balance endocrine system}
Maca, holy basil, schisandra, reishi, and a lot of other ingredients you've never heard of that do incredible things for the body!

Probiotics & Digestive Enzymes! {promote regularity, improves digestion}
Yacon root, chicory root, agave, lactobacillus sporogenes, amylase, cellulose, lactase, and more!

So when you're looking at other shakes and comparing, I think instead of looking at calories and sugars, we should all avert our eyes to the INGREDIENTS. I could have a shake that's sugar and calorie free, but does that mean it's healthy or not? I don't know? I would have to see the ingredients.

I strongly encourage you to take a shot at Shakeology for at least one month. It surely changed my life. I am no longer anemic. I don't have strep throat every month. I no longer have those signs of lupus. My hair has probably grown a whole foot since I started drinking it! I've maintained my weight. I've even had the energy to work out. Most importantly, I'm happy. Thanks Shakeology!!! 

Curious on how to order? Add me on facebook and message me and we can talk flavors and recipes :)

already know what flavor you want? Here's where you order: Shakeology.com/tayjnich 

Happy drinking! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment