Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cornbread {Gluten-Free}

Just look at this stuff...


Since I've been gluten-free, I've noticed that a lot of things you THINK should be gluten-free AREN'T. Like cornbread. Ok, so it's corn meal... Well, not Jiffy. And do you realize how hard it is to find just corn meal? There's so much "Corn Meal Mix..." All of these have enriched wheat flour in them. WHY? Seriously, why? You never realize how much flour is in stuff until you go GF. So I searched Pinterest for basically ever to find a gluten-free cornbread recipe. I never really found one. I just mixed a bunch of them I found together.

Here's what you'll need:

2 cups of cornmeal (NOT corn meal mix)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 large pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
4 tablespoons real butter
4 tablespoons organic honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 and 1/2 cups sour cream

Here's what you'll do:

Preheat your oven to 400.
Get out your baking pan and grease it.
In a saucepan, melt the butter and the honey together. Once that's done, set it aside off of the heat.
In the mixer, put in all of the other ingredients.
Once the others are mixed, dump in the butter/honey mixture.
After it is mixed well, pour into the pan.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

---

I'm making Cornbread Stuffing for Thanksgiving with this. Recipe to follow (if it's good). Haha. Curious about my way of eating? Subscribe to my blog! I post all the time :) Curious about me? Friend me on Facebook.com/taylor.j.nichols and ask me how I can help you learn how to eat clean! :)

Enjoy <3

No comments :

Post a Comment