Sunday, November 23, 2014

Spicy Ranch Potato Chips

I wanted some potato chips today, but 1) we didn't have any, and 2) I like knowing what's in my food. So I made my own :)


First things first, I learned about portion control. So, when you get some potato chips to eat, how much do you grab? Probably just the bag, but I will usually get a plate and put my chips on there first. Well, well, well... I used 5 potatoes and I got THIS BOWL.

Do you know how much one serving of potato is on the 21 Day Fix? 1/2 of a potato. Granted, I used the small red potatoes for these, so I'd go with one whole red potato. What a wake up call!

Preheat oven to 425
Using a mandolin, slice potatoes
Olive oil a cookie sheet
Spread potatoes in single layer
Add your flavorings :)

Ideas:
- Salt
- Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Ranch Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese

Not exactly the healthiest, but a nice cheat treat :)

No comments :

Post a Comment