Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Butternut Squash Soup (Gluten Free)

I have fallen in love with Mom's VitaMix. Not only can this thing blend ANYTHING really well, but it can also HEAT it up. (Soups on soups on soups on soups!) Tonight I concocted a delicious butternut squash soup! I looked up a few recipes before I started making it, but it ended up being nothing like the recipe. Plus we didn't have many of the ingredients needed. Haha, oops. So here's what all I used:
- Butternut Squash (Just buy one in the produce section)
- Bag of Baby Carrots
- Small Onion
- 2 TBSP Real Butter
- Salt, Pepper

So to begin, I cooked the butternut squash in the microwave. Mine had a sticker on it that gave directions. I also poured the bag of baby carrots in a pot of water with the onion and I boiled them until they were soft. (Don't throw out the water). Then I cut the squash in half and scooped out the seeds (watch out, it's hot). After that, you have to cut the rough skin off. All of these ingredients can be thrown in the VitaMix as you go. So once the carrots are soft, dump the whole thing into the blender (water and all). Blend until it's smooth and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment