Saturday, March 21, 2015

Meal Prep Muffins - 21 Day Fix Meal Idea

I have created the holy grail, you guys. How simple to put a frozen "muffin" into your lunch box and be able to pop it in the microwave at lunch time for a flavorful lunch!? I'm so glad I started making these. They make MEAL PREP a breeze!

So there are tons of these floating around on the internet. First, I wanted to eliminate the cheese. Second, I wanted to make it healthier than the rest. Third, I wanted it to be packed full of flavor so I could have a HOT lunch when I'm at school. Fourth, I wanted to use ingredients I already had at home.

You want the recipe right? Here's what you'll need: Ground turkey/chicken/beef, 2 eggs, tomato sauce or stewed tomatoes (we had some from Grandma's garden in jars that I used), celery, onions, peppers, and something to thicken this stuff up (I put in just like a tablespoon or two of coconut flour. You could probably add a 3rd egg and it would be fine)! So preheat your oven to about 400 or 425 and let's get going! You'll need a muffin tin and liners.

Step 1: Cook the meat, onions, celery, peppers and add whatever seasoning you are feeling. I put in some himalyan pink salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic, and cayenne. Set this aside to cool for a bit before you add the eggs, or obviously the eggs will start to cook... You could also probably get by with adding spinach into these and it would be good.

Step 2: Beat 2 (or 3) eggs and mix it with the tomato sauce/stewed tomatoes. Here is where you would add that coconut flour if they aren't thick enough.

Step 3: Mix everything together and put into muffin cups. You can fill these pretty full. They won't rise.

Step 4: Bake until they are golden brown. I prefer anything I eat like... borderline burnt AKA very brown. So here's what mine looked like when they came out.

I ate for a whole week on these babies. I popped them in the school microwave for 1:30 and they were ready to eat. Everyone at my table wanted the recipe!

21 Day Fix Breakdown:
- 2 muffins is 1 serving.
- 1 red
- 1 green

*Store in the freezer if you're meal prepping.

No comments :

Post a Comment