Sunday, April 19, 2015

Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie

I've noticed over the past year that a lot of my aches and pains come from bodily inflammation. This is common with autoimmune diseases, as those of you with one know and understand.

I have struggled. And struggled. And struggled. To get my diet under control. Just when I think I'm eating very healthy, something makes me swell back up again. And then I'm bedridden. This is something I don't discuss with people often because I am one of those, "get up anyway and do what you have to do anyway," even though on the inside I feel horrible. Sometimes I think I do a pretty darn good job at it. Others... People can probably see it. I really don't know why autoimmune diseases and things like "Leaky Gut,:" or as doctors know it: increased intestinal permeability are not considered a true disability, but I'll save that rant for another day and say that I'm thankful politics is getting closer and closer to working in our favor my fellow autoimmune diseasers. But in the meantime... We need other things. I created this smoothie a couple of days ago and I was so pleasantly surprised at how yummy it was. Here's how I made it...

- Ice
- Strawberries
- Pineapple
- Coconut Milik
- Kale
- Banana
- Baby Cucumber

I just kind of threw this stuff in there. I used only one baby cucumber because sometimes when you add that to smoothies it's overpowering. This was just refreshing. Also the kale, I used a little less than 2 cups. Add ice and coconut milk to your desired consistency and enjoy these anti-inflammatory results :) <3

2 comments :

  1. do you have the container breakdown for these? how much coconut milk? If we're going to do 21DF without shakeology, would you consider this a good substitute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't at the time, but I would do a purple, a green, and an orange (coconut milk). I 100% believe there is no substitute for Shakeology. I have stopped coaching full time and now I just do it for the discount on Shakeology. I stopped drinking it for awhile and I remembered how I felt before I started it. Currently drinking a glass right now. :) I would just do the 21DF without it or with it. Haha. Best of luck!

      Delete