Thursday, April 2, 2015

Gluten Free Almond Flour Pancakes

So I am finally putting this recipe up. Just so you know, I've already made these twice! Now I have all sorts of tips for you guys. So since going gluten-free, I've basically been totally unable to find a pancake that I like. Then I discovered almond flour and then I discovered a recipe on Pinterest for these, but I tweaked it up a lot to make my own thang.

These are awesome if you freeze them and then heat them in the microwave for about 1:30 and head out the door on a busy morning. This is awesome for me because now I have my breakfast ready to go, my lunch packed, and I have a Shakeology for dinner. This makes healthy eating sooooo easy for me! I love it. I'm definitely going to keep doing this.




So here's what you'll need for the pancakes:

- A griddle
- Coconut oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp almond/coconut/cashew milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup blueberries (or nuts or chocolate chips)

Mix it all together (dry ingredients and then wet). Cook them in coconut oil on a pretty low setting, or they'll burn. These take longer than a normal pancake to cook all the way through :) My favorite way so far has been with blueberries, but I'm thinking next time I make these I want to put almond butter and some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips in them! Mmmm! Enjoy!

Looking for a clean eating coach? I am a coach with Team Beachbody and I would love to help you reach some goals! Just click on the tabs at the top of this website to get in touch with me! (I prefer Facebook) :) Talk to you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment