Friday, May 15, 2015

21 Day Fix Approved Fast Food (Gluten Free)

I'm not much of a fast food eater, but many of my clients ask me in a bind, funny questions like, "What can I eat at McDonald's?!" Okay, well you should basically never eat there, but if you do need to grab some fast food, I'm here with a few options that I tend to gravitate toward, and they're all going to be gluten-free, too.

We'll begin with a few of my guidelines...

1) If the people you're with are going to McDonald's even though they know you're on the 21 Day Fix, they're jerks who don't respect you...

I mean there's almost anywhere you can go and find something in a bind. Heck, there's even a spot for pizza in the back of the Eating Plan. I guess you could get a salad or grilled sandwich from McDonald's, but EW.

2) If there aren't many restaurants around you, opt to stop at the grocery store, a drug store, or even a gas station...

One night I was with this guy I was dating. I didn't have my car and his family was picking up pizza and breadsticks for us for dinner. I had just started dating him really and wasn't ready to make gluten-free or 21 Day Fix requests to them yet. Hashtag screwed. But no, I asked if we could stop by a store for me and that I would figure it out for myself. Usually if I'm in a bind and have to go into the store really quick, I'll get some baby carrots, a banana, some real fruit juice (ya know, the expensive kind), some whole grain crackers, peanut butter, hummus, or fresh sliced lunch meat from the deli.

3) You still need to eyeball your portions...

Don't be that weirdo who brings her containers to the fast food place to measure these things out. You can see clearly in my picture above that I received about 3 purple containers of fruit with this salad, so I didn't eat all of it of course.

4) Specify what you want to the restaurant workers...

Don't be afraid to speak up about what you want, your dietary needs, or even food allergies. Just as in any job in customer service, they are paid to help you. Ask for what you want. Specify grilled. Specify "dressing on the side." Specify.

Here are my FAVORITE things to eat on the go:

Chick-Fil-A/Truett's
Grilled Nuggets
Side Salad with vinaigrette dressing
Any of their larger salads
Chargrilled Club

Zoe's Kitchen
If you are lucky enough to stumble upon one of these gems of a place, you can eat basically anything. So fresh and healthy! I've only seen them in Peachtree City and Columbus.

No comments :

Post a Comment