Thursday, May 28, 2015

Coconut Pecan Breakfast Bars (Grain, Gluten, & Dairy Free)

I've been entertaining the idea of Whole30. I eat gluten-free. I strive to be dairy-free. But I love some freakin' dessert and sweets. I found these and they're delightful. I will admit, I haven been eating them as a dessert instead of a breakfast bar. I feel like we could kind of modify these for the 21 Day Fix and go with a blue container and 1/2 red. :) Maybe an orange :)


Here's what you'll need:
- Coconut Oil (to grease your 8x8 pan)
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1/4 c honey
- vanilla
-1/3 c coconut flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 c pecans


Nothin' to it, but to do it. Here's how:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- I made mine in a stand mixer.
- Eggs go in first. Whisk them and then drop in the banana, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the coconut flour and mix it well. This flour is a little more clumpy than regular. Just mix it well.
- Add the coconut and coconut milk.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour into pan and spread out.
- Top with pecans
- Bake for ~25 minutes.

These are great right out of the oven, or they're good frozen and reheated. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment