Friday, May 22, 2015

Shrimp & Grits

Ever since Sarah's rehearsal dinner, I have wanted to create my own shrimp and grits! I had never heard of shrimp and grits until I saw them at 6th Street Pier in Griffin a few years ago. So yum!

Here's What You'll Need:
- Grits (I used a yellow container worth on the 21 Day Fix, but I believe that's equivalent to something like 1/3 or 1/2 cup)
- Red peppers, and tomatoes if you'd like those too
- Sausage (I used 1/2 red container worth on the 21 Day Fix, but I believe that's the same size as the yellow)
- Shrimp (I bought salad shrimp, but you can buy any kind and use half of a red serving on the 21 Day Fix)
- Water (as directed on grits packaging)
- Himalayan pink salt, garlic, cayenne pepper for seasoning
- Cheese if desired (Obviously don't go this route if you're dairy free)

Here's What You'll Do:
- Using the amount of water specified on grits packaging, bring it to a boil.
- Pour in peppers, sausage, and shrimp and boil until hot all the way through.
- Season.
- KEEP THIS WATER IN THE POT :) It's flavorful and will replace the milk that you usually want to make grits with.
- Pour in the grits.
- Cook until done.
- Add cheese if desired. :)

P.S. I am a Beachbody Coach and have been doing the 21 Day Fix for over a year now and I thought grits were on the 21 Day Fix this whole time. I guess they're not. I don't see why not, though. Grit away :)

Connect with me using the buttons at the top of the page if you don't have a Beachbody Coach :)

No comments :

Post a Comment